MISSION BELL WINERY

 

EST. 1919

 

THE ORIGINAL PIONEER GRAPE VINEYARD IN

1870 AND, THOUGH OFTEN REPLANTED, THE

VINEYARD IS STILL IN PRODUCTION AT THE “MISSION

BELL” WINERY. THE VINEYARD WAS SOLD TO THE

‘MADERA VINEYARD CO.’ IN 1881. TEN YEARS LATER

A LARGE WINERY AND DISTILLERY FACILITY WAS

BUILT ON THE PROPERTY WITH COOPERAGE

CAPACITY OF 140,000 GALLONS.

 

‘ITALIAN SWISS AGRICULTURAL COLONY’ NEXT

BOUGHT THE WINERY HOLDINGS IN 1896 AND

IMPORTED WORKMAN AND VINTNERS FROM ITALY

TO IMPROVE THE GROWING AND PROCESSING OF

GRAPES INTO WINE.

 

KRIKOR ARAKELIAN THEN PURCHASED THE

PROPERTY IN 1919 AND CHRISTENED THE WINERY

‘MISSION BELL’. SHORTLY BEFORE ARAKELIAN’S

DEATH IN 1951, THE WINERY WAS SOLD AND HAS

PASSED THROUGH SEVERAL CORPORATIONS.

 

‘MISSION BELL’ WINERY CONTINUES TO BE A MAJOR

MADERA COUNTY EMPLOYER, PRODUCER AND

SUPPLIER OF WINES THROUGHOUT THE WORLD

 

DEDICATED IN THE YEAR 2012

E CLAMPUS VITUS

GRUB GULCH CHAPTER 41-49

 

12667 Road 24, Madera, CA 93637

 

 GPS:

 

36.938287, -120.106961